the alpha property doesn't work!

mojtaba tabatabaie
hi ,my first post here , I have a Text3D object and I add it as a child to my
container(baseNode) . I have defined a function for onImageFound and
onImageLost and when these two happen the alpha property of this text
changes . it works fine but I also want the text property of my text
to change on different circumstances , and when I change the my text
with these codes:

text1="second string";
mytext3D.text = text1;

the fade in and out effect of the text doesn't work anymore!
I should mention that my  container doesn't use "useOwnContainer" and
it's got a defined layer and my text also has a defined layer that
I've defined with these codes:

textLayer1 = viewport.getChildLayer(mytext3D);

I'll be appreciated if someone can help me with this
thanks