InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

12

InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

mlp1
Hi

I'm trying to set an interactive material on an imported max model, all the examples i've seen use papervision primitives, do interactive materials work on dae imports?

I have set the viewport as interactive
var viewport:Viewport3D = new Viewport3D(0, 0, true, true);

Here's how im setting the materials;
   controlMat01 = new BitmapAssetMaterial("rewind_jpg");
   controlMat01.interactive = true;
   controlMat01.name = "rewind_button";
   mats.addMaterial(controlMat01, "vid_control01");

Here's my button code and event called after the dae loads
private function setModel(e:Event):void {
   trace("setModel called");
   var vidButton01 :DisplayObject3D = dae.getChildByName( "vid_button01" );
   vidButton01.addEventListener( InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_PRESS, onObjPress);
   trace("vidButton01.x "+vidButton01.x);
}
function onObjPress( e:InteractiveScene3DEvent ):void {
   trace("press on " + e.face3d.material.name);

}

But it don't work... any ideas.

Cheers Mark

Think you know your TV, music and film? Try Search Charades!

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

zhivko
Hi Mark,

had the same problem. You need to attach the event to a child of the DAE object, not to the DAE object directly. It is a bit quirky getting down to the name of the child - you need to attach a Event.COMPLETE to your DAE, and within it try trace myDAE.childrenList() to get the name of the first object in your DAE, then myDAE.getChildByName("name of the first object in your DAE").childrenList() and so on until you reach the innermost object. my code looked like this:

var plane:DAE = new DAE();
plane.load("plane.dae", materialsList);
plane.scale = 100;
default_scene.addChild(plane);
plane.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, daeCompleteHandler);
function daeCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void
        { plane.getChildByName("COLLADA_root").getChildByName("Plane").getChildByName("6").addEventListener( InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER, onOver );
        }

[...]

Daniel Auer
+100, zhivko
Thanks a lot!

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

claygraffix
This post saved me. Thanks so much.

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

im_a_tryer
The problem I'm having is that my dae object has no childrenList - it just fires back with an empty string. Object displays fine with texture and everything! But while trying to add interactivity to all the child objects I seem to have hit a brick wall. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Si

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

Tyler Egeto
Are you making sure that the DAE has fully loaded before applying the listeners? When calling load() on a DAE, it will dispatch an event when load has completed, "FileLoadEvent.LOAD_COMPLETE"

Hope that helps.

Tyler.

im_a_tryer wrote

Si

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

im_a_tryer
Thanks Tyler - managed to sort this problem. It was the COLLADA_Scene hierarchy (after dae has fully loaded as you said) I needed to get to grips with. I can now add click listeners to my daes. This has inevitably uncovered another problem: I am cloning the dae through a for-loop. Problem is that when you click on one of the daes - a completely different one will register the click event. Whats wierder is that if i change my listener to OBJECT_OVER the event seems to fire by itself randomly, even if the mouse cursor isnt even on the swf!!

This is my job today...

Seasons greetings btw!

Si

Tyler Egeto wrote
Are you making sure that the DAE has fully loaded before applying the listeners? When calling load() on a DAE, it will dispatch an event when load has completed, "FileLoadEvent.LOAD_COMPLETE"

Hope that helps.

Tyler.

im_a_tryer wrote
The problem I'm having is that my dae object has no childrenList - it just fires back with an empty string. Object displays fine with texture and everything! But while trying to add interactivity to all the child objects I seem to have hit a brick wall. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Si

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

boysknow
Anyone know how to update this code from zhivko? I get the following error:
"1120: Access of undefined property onOver"

 I'm assuming its because I'm running PV3D 2.0?

My code looks like this:
//
daeFile.addEventListener(FileLoadEvent.LOAD_COMPLETE, myOnLoadCompleteHandler);
//
function myOnLoadCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void{
daeFile.getChildByName("COLLADA_Scene").getChildByName("polySurface1").addEventListener(InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER, onOver );
}

zhivko wrote
[...]

oletk
You have to create the function.

public function onOver(evt:InteractiveScene3DEvent):void
{
    // Function properties here.
}

zhivko wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> had the same problem. You need to attach the event to a child of the DAE
> object, not to the DAE object directly. It is a bit quirky getting down to
> the name of the child - you need to attach a Event.COMPLETE to your DAE,
> and within it try trace myDAE.childrenList() to get the name of the first
> object in your DAE, then myDAE.getChildByName("name of the first object in
> your DAE").childrenList() and so on until you reach the innermost object.
> my code looked like this:
>

> var plane:DAE = new DAE();
> plane.load("plane.dae", materialsList);
> plane.scale = 100;
> default_scene.addChild(plane);
> plane.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, daeCompleteHandler);
> function daeCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void
>       {
> plane.getChildByName("COLLADA_root").getChildByName("Plane").getChildByName("6").addEventListener(
> InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER, onOver );
>       }
>

> mlp1 wrote:
>>

>> Hi
>>
>> I'm trying to set an interactive material on an imported max model, all
>> the examples i've seen use papervision primitives, do interactive
>> materials work on dae imports?
>>
>> I have set the viewport as interactive
>> var viewport:Viewport3D = new Viewport3D(0, 0, true, true);
>>
>> Here's how im setting the materials;
>>    controlMat01 = new BitmapAssetMaterial("rewind_jpg");
>> controlMat01.interactive = true;   controlMat01.name = "rewind_button";
>> mats.addMaterial(controlMat01, "vid_control01");
>>
>> Here's my button code and event called after the dae loads
>> private function setModel(e:Event):void {   trace("setModel called");
>> var vidButton01 :DisplayObject3D = dae.getChildByName( "vid_button01" );
>> vidButton01.addEventListener( InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_PRESS,
>> onObjPress);   trace("vidButton01.x "+vidButton01.x);}function
>> onObjPress( e:InteractiveScene3DEvent ):void {   trace("press on " +
>> e.face3d.material.name);
>> }
>>
>> But it don't work... any ideas.
>>
>> Cheers Mark

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

boysknow
Thanks oletk. I don't get any errors anymore but I can't get that OnOver function to run. This is how that part of my code looks:

function myOnLoadCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void{
          trace(daeFile.getChildByName("COLLADA_Scene").getChildByName("polySurface1").childrenList());
daeFile.getChildByName("COLLADA_Scene").getChildByName("polySurface1").addEventListener(InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER, onOver );
}
//
function onOver(evt:InteractiveScene3DEvent):void
{
    trace("onOver");
}

Any ideas?

oletk wrote

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:18 AM, boysknow <simonwestlake76@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Anyone know how to update this code from zhivko? I get the following error:
> "1120: Access of undefined property onOver"
>
>  I'm assuming its because I'm running PV3D 2.0?
>
> My code looks like this:
> //
> daeFile.addEventListener(FileLoadEvent.LOAD_COMPLETE,
> myOnLoadCompleteHandler);
> //
> function myOnLoadCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void{
>
> daeFile.getChildByName("COLLADA_Scene").getChildByName("polySurface1").addEventListener(InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER,
> onOver );
> }
>

> zhivko wrote:
> >
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > had the same problem. You need to attach the event to a child of the DAE
> > object, not to the DAE object directly. It is a bit quirky getting down
> > the name of the child - you need to attach a Event.COMPLETE to your DAE,
> > and within it try trace myDAE.childrenList() to get the name of the first
> > object in your DAE, then myDAE.getChildByName("name of the first object
> in
> > your DAE").childrenList() and so on until you reach the innermost object.
> > my code looked like this:
> >

> > var plane:DAE = new DAE();
> > plane.load("plane.dae", materialsList);
> > plane.scale = 100;
> > default_scene.addChild(plane);
> > plane.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, daeCompleteHandler);
> > function daeCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void
> >       {
> >
> plane.getChildByName("COLLADA_root").getChildByName("Plane").getChildByName("6").addEventListener(
> > InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER, onOver );
> >       }
> >

> > mlp1 wrote:
> >>

> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I'm trying to set an interactive material on an imported max model, all
> >> the examples i've seen use papervision primitives, do interactive
> >> materials work on dae imports?
> >>
> >> I have set the viewport as interactive
> >> var viewport:Viewport3D = new Viewport3D(0, 0, true, true);
> >>
> >> Here's how im setting the materials;
> >>    controlMat01 = new BitmapAssetMaterial("rewind_jpg");
> >> controlMat01.interactive = true;   controlMat01.name = "rewind_button";
> >> mats.addMaterial(controlMat01, "vid_control01");
> >>
> >> Here's my button code and event called after the dae loads
> >> private function setModel(e:Event):void {   trace("setModel called");
> >> var vidButton01 :DisplayObject3D = dae.getChildByName( "vid_button01" );
> >> vidButton01.addEventListener( InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_PRESS,
> >> onObjPress);   trace("vidButton01.x "+vidButton01.x);}function
> >> onObjPress( e:InteractiveScene3DEvent ):void {   trace("press on " +
> >> e.face3d.material.name);
> >> }
> >>
> >> But it don't work... any ideas.
> >>
> >> Cheers Mark

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

oletk
Is the polysurface material set to interactive, and is the viewport interactive?

oletk wrote:

> You have to create the function.
>
> public function onOver(evt:InteractiveScene3DEvent):void{
>     // Function properties here.
> }
>

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:18 AM, boysknow
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> Anyone know how to update this code from zhivko? I get the following
>> error:
>> "1120: Access of undefined property onOver"
>>
>>  I'm assuming its because I'm running PV3D 2.0?
>>
>> My code looks like this:
>> //
>> daeFile.addEventListener(FileLoadEvent.LOAD_COMPLETE,
>> myOnLoadCompleteHandler);
>> //
>> function myOnLoadCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void{
>>
>> daeFile.getChildByName("COLLADA_Scene").getChildByName("polySurface1").addEventListener(InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER,
>> onOver );
>> }
>>

>> zhivko wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Mark,
>> >
>> > had the same problem. You need to attach the event to a child of the
>> DAE
>> > object, not to the DAE object directly. It is a bit quirky getting down
>> > the name of the child - you need to attach a Event.COMPLETE to your
>> DAE,
>> > and within it try trace myDAE.childrenList() to get the name of the
>> first
>> > object in your DAE, then myDAE.getChildByName("name of the first object
>> in
>> > your DAE").childrenList() and so on until you reach the innermost
>> object.
>> > my code looked like this:
>> >

>> > var plane:DAE = new DAE();
>> > plane.load("plane.dae", materialsList);
>> > plane.scale = 100;
>> > default_scene.addChild(plane);
>> > plane.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, daeCompleteHandler);
>> > function daeCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void
>> >       {
>> >
>> plane.getChildByName("COLLADA_root").getChildByName("Plane").getChildByName("6").addEventListener(
>> > InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER, onOver );
>> >       }

>> all

>> "rewind_button";

>> );

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

boysknow
The viewport is set to be interactive but not the material. How can I set the material to be interactive?

I've been looking at the following example for making a DAE material interactive, but its missing important bits, like not declaring what 'mainMaterialList' is(?):
http://circstar.com/FlashLabUnderground/?p=39

Your help is much appreciated

oletk wrote

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 9:48 AM, boysknow <simonwestlake76@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks oletk. I don't get any errors anymore but I can't get that OnOver
> function to run. This is how that part of my code looks:
>
> function myOnLoadCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void{
>

> trace(daeFile.getChildByName("COLLADA_Scene").getChildByName("polySurface1").childrenList());
>
> daeFile.getChildByName("COLLADA_Scene").getChildByName("polySurface1").addEventListener(InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER,
> onOver );
> }
> //
> function onOver(evt:InteractiveScene3DEvent):void
> {
>     trace("onOver");
> }
>
> Any ideas?
>

> oletk wrote:
> >
> > You have to create the function.
> >
> > public function onOver(evt:InteractiveScene3DEvent):void{
> >     // Function properties here.
> > }
> >

> > On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:18 AM, boysknow
> > <simonwestlake76@hotmail.com>wrote:
> >

> >> Anyone know how to update this code from zhivko? I get the following
> >> error:
> >> "1120: Access of undefined property onOver"
> >>
> >>  I'm assuming its because I'm running PV3D 2.0?
> >>
> >> My code looks like this:
> >> //
> >> daeFile.addEventListener(FileLoadEvent.LOAD_COMPLETE,
> >> myOnLoadCompleteHandler);
> >> //
> >> function myOnLoadCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void{
> >>

> daeFile.getChildByName("COLLADA_Scene").getChildByName("polySurface1").addEventListener(InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER,
> >> onOver );
> >> }

> >> DAE
> down
> >> DAE,
> >> first
> object
> >> in
> >> object.

> plane.getChildByName("COLLADA_root").getChildByName("Plane").getChildByName("6").addEventListener(

> >> all

> >> "rewind_button";

> >> );

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

xero
what do you get when you:

trace(daeFile.getChildByName("COLLADA_Scene").getChildByName("polySurface1"));
???

if its null then your not targeting the correct thing.
____  ___
\   \/  /___________  ____
.\     // __ \_  __ \/ _  \
./     \  ___/ | | \( <_>  )
/___/\  \___  >__|---\____/
|     \_/   \/        |
| xero harrison       |
| xero.nu@gmail.com   |
| http://xero.nu      |
| http://fontvir.us   |
| http://hexarray.nu  |
| http://xero.owns.us |
`---------------------'

oletk wrote:

> You have to create the function.
>
> public function onOver(evt:InteractiveScene3DEvent):void{
>     // Function properties here.
> }
>

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:18 AM, boysknow
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> Anyone know how to update this code from zhivko? I get the following
>> error:
>> "1120: Access of undefined property onOver"
>>
>>  I'm assuming its because I'm running PV3D 2.0?
>>
>> My code looks like this:
>> //
>> daeFile.addEventListener(FileLoadEvent.LOAD_COMPLETE,
>> myOnLoadCompleteHandler);
>> //
>> function myOnLoadCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void{
>>
>> daeFile.getChildByName("COLLADA_Scene").getChildByName("polySurface1").addEventListener(InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER,
>> onOver );
>> }
>>

>> zhivko wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Mark,
>> >
>> > had the same problem. You need to attach the event to a child of the
>> DAE
>> > object, not to the DAE object directly. It is a bit quirky getting down
>> > the name of the child - you need to attach a Event.COMPLETE to your
>> DAE,
>> > and within it try trace myDAE.childrenList() to get the name of the
>> first
>> > object in your DAE, then myDAE.getChildByName("name of the first object
>> in
>> > your DAE").childrenList() and so on until you reach the innermost
>> object.
>> > my code looked like this:
>> >

>> > var plane:DAE = new DAE();
>> > plane.load("plane.dae", materialsList);
>> > plane.scale = 100;
>> > default_scene.addChild(plane);
>> > plane.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, daeCompleteHandler);
>> > function daeCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void
>> >       {
>> >
>> plane.getChildByName("COLLADA_root").getChildByName("Plane").getChildByName("6").addEventListener(
>> > InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER, onOver );
>> >       }

>> all

>> "rewind_button";

>> );

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

Vinicius Krauspenhar
hi, I use this:

for each(var child:DisplayObject3D in dae.children) {
    for each( var triangle:Triangle3D in child.geometry.faces ) {
        var x : CompositeMaterial = new CompositeMaterial();
        x.addMaterial(triangle.material);
        triangle.material = x;
        triangle.material.interactive = true;
    }
    child.addEventListener(InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER, onOver);
    child.addEventListener(InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OUT, onOut);

what do you get when you:

oletk wrote:

> You have to create the function.
>
> public function onOver(evt:InteractiveScene3DEvent):void{
>     // Function properties here.
> }
>

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:18 AM, boysknow
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> Anyone know how to update this code from zhivko? I get the following
>> error:
>> "1120: Access of undefined property onOver"
>>
>>  I'm assuming its because I'm running PV3D 2.0?
>>
>> My code looks like this:
>> //
>> daeFile.addEventListener(FileLoadEvent.LOAD_COMPLETE,
>> myOnLoadCompleteHandler);
>> //
>> function myOnLoadCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void{
>>
>> daeFile.getChildByName("COLLADA_Scene").getChildByName("polySurface1").addEventListener(InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER,
>> onOver );
>> }
>>

>> zhivko wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Mark,
>> >
>> > had the same problem. You need to attach the event to a child of the
>> DAE
>> > object, not to the DAE object directly. It is a bit quirky getting down
>> > the name of the child - you need to attach a Event.COMPLETE to your
>> DAE,
>> > and within it try trace myDAE.childrenList() to get the name of the
>> first
>> > object in your DAE, then myDAE.getChildByName("name of the first object
>> in
>> > your DAE").childrenList() and so on until you reach the innermost
>> object.
>> > my code looked like this:
>> >

>> > var plane:DAE = new DAE();
>> > plane.load("plane.dae", materialsList);
>> > plane.scale = 100;
>> > default_scene.addChild(plane);
>> > plane.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, daeCompleteHandler);
>> > function daeCompleteHandler( event:Event ):void
>> >       {
>> >
>> plane.getChildByName("COLLADA_root").getChildByName("Plane").getChildByName("6").addEventListener(
>> > InteractiveScene3DEvent.OBJECT_OVER, onOver );
>> >       }

>> all

>> "rewind_button";

>> );

Re: sonbags

Ryesen
If you're still ladies watches love life, in case you are still pursuing for that designer handbags vogue trend, you must take time in our web site browse those designer bags, and replica watches then opt for one of the best and popular designer bag. We understand all the living, from a kid to an gucci handbags adult. Because the girls all know, folks growing with numerous accessories, such as the sunglasses cartier and designer bags.

Re: sonbags

Ryesen
If you're still ladies watches love life, in case you are still pursuing for that designer handbags vogue trend, you must take time in our web site browse those designer bags, and replica watches then opt for one of the best and popular designer bag. We understand all the living, from a kid to an gucci handbags adult. Because the girls all know, folks growing with numerous accessories, such as the sunglasses cartier and designer bags. When girls go out, they walk using the designer totes in no doubt. Folks enjoy the lifestyle with designer bags at the same time louis vuitton bags since the lifestyle with freedom.

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

helloboy
If your garner AMD motherboard supported PC. The illumined bulk and graphics that you can ballyhoo Intel® destined pace 45nm Multi-Plug Mainframe.

With over to nand.

Re: InteractiveScene3DEvent and dae models

James710061

Tiffany

James710061
The Christian Louboutin casting is acclaimed for its shoes brash abnormally for atramentous wear. A lot of of the designs amore credible leather, with bows, feathers, adorned straps and abounding added adorning actualization to achieve them emphasis distinctive. A lot of of the bodies who buy these shoes at a hot sale aperture are celebrities who chafe them to top curve parties. Louboutin's shoes are the complete bender to their big-ticket and exotically brash atramentous dresses. One of the a lot of accounted celebrity admirers of the casting is biographer Danielle Steel. She is accustomed to acquire added than 6000 pairs of shoes of this brand. She is declared to acquire purchased about 80 pairs on a alone arrangement to a Christian Louboutin outlet.<br /><br />Tiffany lights tend to be allocation of a architectonics of lights accustomed as Tiffany illumination. tiffany gifts lighting is affiliated with admirable afire accessories that admix the apparatus of designed, created and aswell adventurous cup which is artificial in a aesthetic acclimation to get to be the centermost point as able as amazing emphasis breadth of about any house. There are abounding types affiliated with Tiffany table lamps which could go with about any daccor no aggregate whether it in fact is Country, Formal or Modern.<br /><br />Converse canvases are in fact affordable and they are attainable for all age groups and both the sexes. It doesn't matter, whether you are a amateur or a action hopper, you can acquire a brace from the all-embracing abuttals of Converse shoes. start here ? has its dealership beforehand in about all the countries above the globe. All the shoes are bogus from the best above of abstracts and they ensure ultimate affluence for every foot. Converse shoes go able with all types of dresses. For parties, for caper events, for ancestors get-togethers and all such activities there can never be any bigger choices than Converse for sure!
12